Bliss Stage - um RPG de Robots Gigantes, Sexo, Sonhos e Invasões Extraterrestres

Já está disponível para pré-encomenda o novo jogo de RPG de Ben Lehman, autor do onírico e ritualístico Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at the Utmost North. Este novo RPG da TAO Games, Bliss Stage, descreve-nos num futuro próximo assolado por uma invasão extra-dimensional que induziu toda a humanidade a um estado de comatose e constante sonho chamado Bliss (ou Extáse). Em Bliss Stage os jogadores assumem não só o papel de um grupo de crianças e jovens que pilotam robots gigantes feitos de pura emoção chamados de ANIMa na derradeira batalha contra os invasores extraterrestres no seu próprio mundo de sonhos como também o de Âncoras - outros miúdos cuja responsabilidade é prender os pilotos à realidade enquanto estes lutam noutra dimensão.

Contendo cerca de 200 páginas em formato manga ilustradas por Jake Richmond e Shizero Nezze, e design de Joshua AC Newman, este livro com capa a cores é permite-nos uma mistura interessante de maturidade forçada e exposição a a um ambiente de sonho. Por um lado os Pilotos durante qualquer investida contra os invasores no mundo dos sonhos, investida esta que pode bem ser a sua derradeira, estão sujeitos a extases avassaladores, Traumas físicos e mentais, e doses temporárias de puro Terror. Por outro lado os Âncoras, escolhidos por terem relações íntimas com os Pilotos, passam a maioria do tempo a acarinhar, motivar e apoiar os Pilotos fora das missões para que estes inevitavelment morram tragicamente em batalha numa dimensão inumana entre a realidade e a irrealidade. E depois, os Âncoras acabam por ser apresentados a novos Pilotos e o ciclo repete-se até que os olhos doam de tanto chorarem ad nauseum.

O jogo divide as suas sessões entre Missões e Interlúdios. Estas cenas, introduzidas por cada jogador, permitem, no caso das Missões, aos Pilotos e os seus Âncoras confrontarem os extraterrestres para que possam alcançar um determinado objectivo. Durante os Interlúdios os jogadores tentam fortalecer e reparar as relações entre os Pilotos, Âncoras e outros personagens, tais como a figura autoritária de um Adulto que lidera as forças dos ANIMas, ou os outros personagens chamados de Secundários. Estas Relações são quantificadas em pontos e constituídas por Intimidade, Confiança e Stresse. No fundo estas relações são literalmente a estrutura, armadura e armas de que o ANIMa é feito. E qualquer Relação pode facilmente ser posta em risco.

Usando uma mecânica baseada nos dados de Fudge o jogo permite o julgamento rápido das consequências de cada cena relativamente às características de todas as personagens involvidas, quer seja no alívio do Trauma e Stresse, a afirmação de Confiança ou Confiança e Humanização, até ocasionalmente, a quebra da Confiança estabelecida anteriormente. Para não falar de que a maioria do conteúdo adulto de jogo advém da maneira verdadeiramente íntima e privada (sexo e violência física) de elevar a Intimidade durante as cenas de Interlúdio. As cenas de acção durante as Missões são igualmente resolvidas de maneira elegante equivalendo os níveis Intimidade das Relações com que o Piloto armou o seu ANIMa a dados especiais de seis lados assinalados com os símbolos +,+, -, -, 0, e 0 em cada face. Rola-se os dados e espera-se que operações aritméticas realizadas pelos símbolos matemáticos mostrados pelos dados dêm muitos +s. Se assim for pode ser que a Missão corra bem e que nenhuns danos sejam efectuados na Psique e Relações do Piloto. Senão é altura do Âncora ser apresentado a outro Piloto. Para não falar de que os +s e -s além dos que eram necessários são convertidos em Extase.

O custo da pré-encomenda é de cerca de 27 euros o que inclui não só todos os partes pagos, uma versão preliminar e limitada do jogo (a Ignition Stage) a a preto e branco de 130 páginas sem ilustrações a ser enviada em Agosto, e a versão regular (a Acceleration Stage) que descrevi anteriormente e que será publicada em Dezembro. Ambas as versões têm tamanho de um livro manga e contém uma história pronta a jogar chamada Final Act. Mais informações para a pré-encomenda aqui.

Podem também ler sobre uma sessão de jogo aqui e ouvi-la aqui.

[quote=Ben Lehman]

Humanity has been through seven years of darkness, seven years of want, seven years of violence and death and suffering and dreams. After all this time, finally we have a chance to strike back against our oppressors. There has never been a war more desperate than this war: fought at the greatest risk with the greatest costs for the greatest gain. Your story will be about that war. But this story is not about that war. This is about how it came to pass.

Right now, this moment, the very moment that you sit down to play the game, humanity is struck by an unprecedented and mysterious alien attack which the survivors will name the Bliss. The Bliss is sinister, immediate, and worldwide: adults are struck by a sudden tiredness, and those that go to sleep do not awaken. They seem to be in pleasant dreams, but react to no external stimulus. Within a week, nearly all of the adult population of the earth is incapacitated. Society, particularly industrialized society, falls into total chaos. For the first few months, children are mostly shell-shocked, and try their best to live out their ordinary lives. But, as food runs scarce, and the reality of the situation becomes apparent, the survivors turn to looting, violence, and gang warfare. As food and supplies become scarcer, the suffering becomes more terrible. Disease and animal attacks claim even more lives than warfare. Those that grow too old fall into the Bliss much as their parents did.

To make matters worse, within two years the aliens develop or simply deploy their remote drone technology. While the aliens are unable to easily affect our world from their home in the dream world, their remotes bridge that gap in a terrifying and effective way. Existing in both the dream world and the real world, they are gigantic automatons wrought in flesh and metal. With fiery rays and noxious smokes, these remotes lay waste to any outposts of human civilization. Although they do succumb to extreme attacks, to most of the child survivors they are effectively invulnerable, and there is no response to an attack but to run or to die. Within a year, there is no place in the world that has not felt the presence of these behemoths.

And that is the life of humanity for the next five years -- a life lived in tunnels and pits, running and hiding, full of violence and disease and fear and doubt, wretchedly clawing for survival, a dwindling species of children with a future of darkness, fire, and pain.

But that is not the end of the story. There is still hope for humanity's future. A small group of survivors, led by a still-waking adult, have managed to reverse engineer the alien remotes, and have used this technology to make a new generation of weapons that can be used to strike at humanity's enemies in their world of dreams. This weapon is called an Alien Numina Inversion Machine -- or ANIMa -- and it allows a teenaged pilot to enter the dream world and form a mechanized battle-suit out of the spirits her friends, lovers, and enemies. With this weapon, she can fight the aliens on their own terms, striking at the very heart of their occupation. Now, after seven years of despair, this brave group of soldiers are striking the first blows of a war that will determine the fate of humanity, earth, and their own hearts.

In the game of Bliss Stage, you will tell their story.

[/quote]

"Se alguma vez sou coerente, é apenas como incoerência saída da incoerência." Fernando Pessoa

[quote=Ben Lehman]

Here’s what it’s like to be an anchor.

Okay, first off, if you’re an anchor, ten to one that you’re a kid, and not an authority figure. So you’ve got all the baggage from the above box.

Here’s what it’s like to be an anchor: You get chosen because you’ve got a tight relationship with a pilot. He’s the love of your life, maybe not sex but probably, and he’s going to save the world just for you, and you’re going to talk him through it and sing him into it. Just you and him, you’re going to make a difference, you’re going to be there for him when he fights, and then you’re looking into the black soup of nightmares that he’s wading through and seeing yourself reflected back with all the reasons why he hates you and you’re seeing that all the time, and if you even flinch once or get angry once or say any damn thing dollars to donuts it’s going to kill him, so you’ve got that all in your head, and you can’t tell anyone. And then there are others, other girls that he’s in love with, the other people that he cares about more than you, and you can see them through there, you can hear him call their name as they fight at his side, and everyone smiles like its a good thing and hell if you open your mouth, and if he dies it’s your fault because he didn’t love you enough.

And then he dies. Because pilots die, because it’s a war, because, after all the lies and betrayals, you didn’t love him enough to save him that last time. And there’s a funeral, maybe, but probably not even, and everyone forgets the dead pilots but you would remember him in your heart, because he was the love of your life, except for that all that love got burnt up by nightmares and now all that remains is a dull thudding.

Then, you know, you’ve got the anchor training, so they introduce you to someone new, and say, ‘hey, why don’t you fall in love with this guy, too, because that would be to our strategic advantage and, you know, the whole saving humanity thing. And all you want to do is curl up into a ball and cry yourself to death, but, god help you, you fall for him again, and maybe not as strong as before, but it’s the same damn shit.

Repeat until you get used to it.

That’s what it’s like to be an anchor.

[/quote]

"Se alguma vez sou coerente, é apenas como incoerência saída da incoerência." Fernando Pessoa

Muito interessante e original.

No entanto, não estou a ver ninguém a querer jogar este setting todo esquisito, por isso será mais um RPG para ter na prateleira - e todos temos um limite para isso.

Já agora, alguém sabe onde é que se pode encomendar uns dados fudge?

Por acaso tanto eu como um dos membros desta comunidade estamos tão interessados em jogar este jogo que até o encomendámos. Conheço mais uma ou duas pessoas que estariam interessados em jogá-lo.

Mas porque o achas esquisito? Devido ao conteúdo "adulto"? Ou à mistura de série animé mecha com surrealismo onírico? Conheces Tribe 8? :)

Teoricamente não precisas de dados Fudge para o jogar: basta pegares em d6 e considerares os números 1-2 como "-", 3-4 como "0" e 5-6 como "+".

Na Leisure Games existe um Fudge Dice: GMs Pack. Vê aqui. Na IPR estão listados muitos aqui.

Esquisito??? Esquisito são essas cenas de fantasia, que misturam animé, LOL, seus Exaltados de meia tigela! :slight_smile:

Eheh; bom, só para dizer que eu gosto do setting, e não acho nada de esquisito; de facto o jogo atrai-me bastante, mas tb o pessoal que me conhece melhor sabe que eu adorava um RPG sobre infância/adolescência/coming of age/perda da inocência; é uma pancada que me ficou de algumas das melhoras obras do Stephen King, e é para mim um dos temas mais poderosos, especialmente à medida que vou ficando mais velho. De resto o setting do Matrix é semelhante mais ainda mais esquisito e ninguém se importou. :wink:

Nem que o inferno tenha de gelar, o D&D passar a uma sistema D6 e o Ron Edwards lançar splatbooks para a White Wolf, mas hei-de jogar isto com alguém :). Aliás, quando a coisa ainda andava em playtest ainda fizemos uns planos para isso, mas depois não se chegou a andar para a frente.

Sim, eu já reparei que vocês ficaram fãs.

Eu também acho piada ao jogo, por isso é um bocado difícil estar aqui a explicar porque é que eu acho que as pessoas com que costumo jogar não gostam :)

São as mesmas pessoas que ignoram Dogs in the Vineyard só por ser um western, apesar de ser um RPG excelente.

Como "esquisito" acho que quero dizer que há gente que até curte Battletech, outros que gostam de anime e outra malta que vibra com extraterrestres - mas poucos são os que aguentam as três coisas ao mesmo tempo ^^

Agora por mim falo, quando é que se vê um actual play de Bliss Stage, mesmo? ;)

"I'm a Rising Hero!"
"Every time I go on a mission, everyone acts like I'm so important because I pilot an ANIMa. But each and every one of us is important. I'm not a hero. I'm just doing the best I can."

Personality:You don't know it, but everyone looks up to you, not only for your bravery, but for the decency with which you treat others. But since you mostly stay within a small group of friends, you don't realize the esteem that they hold you in.
Advice: Be careful! You try to do everything for everyone, and you're about to burn-out. No matter how hard you try, you can't save the world by yourself, and you're doing no one any favors by pushing yourself hard all day every day. You have a good heart, and that's important, but remember that not everyone is as generous as you.
Which Bliss Stage Pilot are you? Bliss Stage

Xiça, e pensava eu que era lamechas!

Parabéns, agora és o tu campeão! :smiley:

"I'm a Devoted Lover!"

"Every time I fight... everything I do... I'm thinking of you. I do everything for you. No one else understands me. If anything happened to you, I just couldn't go on."

Personality:As a Devoted Lover, you're absolutely committed to a single deep relationship. In battle, this commitment makes your ANIMa a deadly weapon. At other times, however you're isolated and moody. Can your love survive the realities of combat?
Advice: Get out more. Your commitment to your lover is admirable, but you need to make more friends. Even if you can't see it, your dependence has put enormous strain on your relationship. Paradoxically, if you spent a little time apart, your love would get deeper. This is easier than you think. Others may find you a little stand-offish, but they'll like you as soon as they get to know you.

Which Bliss Stage Pilot are you?

Bliss Stage

"You think I'm old and feeble, do you? Well, face my Flying Windmill Kick, asshole!"
"I'm a Rising Hero!"
"Every time I go on a mission, everyone acts like I'm so important because I pilot an ANIMa. But each and every one of us is important. I'm not a hero. I'm just doing the best I can."

Personality:You don't know it, but everyone looks up to you, not only for your bravery, but for the decency with which you treat others. But since you mostly stay within a small group of friends, you don't realize the esteem that they hold you in.
Advice: Be careful! You try to do everything for everyone, and you're about to burn-out. No matter how hard you try, you can't save the world by yourself, and you're doing no one any favors by pushing yourself hard all day every day. You have a good heart, and that's important, but remember that not everyone is as generous as you.
Which Bliss Stage Pilot are you? Bliss Stage --~~--

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
-Noddy, Lord of Darkness

:stuck_out_tongue:

Aqui.

O autor responde a algumas perguntas e respostas (frequentes?) sobre Bliss Stage no seu blog, aqui.

Bem, já recebi a versão "ashcan", a Ignition Stage, há já alguns dias e devorei-a em pouco tempo. O jogo é bastante envolvente na sua exploração da juventude em tempo de guerra e épocas de crise, com mecânicas simples e focadas e deixando o suficiente à imaginação de todos os jogadores.

O livro em si é minimalista (sendo a versão "ashcan"), todo em branco com só umas três ilustrações (posters da resistência à invasão) em formato de livro de bolso. Tipo isto.

De qualquer modo as fichas de personagem (que o autor chama de playing cards) já foram disponibilizadas aqui.

Estou ansioso por jogar este jogo, começando logo pela versão one-shot introdutória contida nesta versão. :)

"I’m a Seasoned Veteran!"

"I’ve seen better men than you destroyed by worse things than you can imagine. Don’t think you’re a hero and don’t think we’re friends."

Personality: As a Seasoned Veteran, you are the oldest pilot. You are bitter and haggard from life; the scars on your heart and soul may never heal. You’ve lost a lot of friends, and you cling to your few remaining relationships with increasing desperation. You’re unmatched in combat, but you’re afraid of your own impending death.

Advice: Relax. Regardless of what’s happened to you in the past, don’t be so afraid of being hurt that you don’t make new friends. You’ve got a wealth of experience and knowledge, but that’s all wasted if you don’t share it with the people who need it. If you open up to the world just a little bit, who knows what might happen?

Which Bliss Stage Pilot are you?
Bliss Stage

Contudo curto a quote hehe.

"the drunks of the Red-Piss Legion refuse to be vanquished"

You are the Rising Hero!

You are the Eager Young Soldier!

"You don't need to worry about me. Those aliens won't stand a chance. Bring'em on!"

Personality: As an Eager Young Soldier, you're still a novice ANIMa pilot, but excited to do your part in the war. Your difficult history has toughened you and your fascination with violence drives you, but your determination has yet to be tested in a real war. Your heart is filled with anger and passion.

Advice: Slow down. There's more to life than going out in a blaze of glory. If you take things more slowly, you'll be a much more effective warrior. In order to find love, you're going to have to open your heart and trust someone else not as a leader, but as a friend. Once you do that, you'll have discovered the true purpose of battle.

Como é que ainda não houve quem mencionasse o Neon Genesis Evangelion?