Quartas-feiras de Lisboa - 16 de Agosto (alteração de local)

O que são as Quartas dos Boardgamers de Lisboa?

São eventos semanais, realizados todas as quartas-feiras, com o objectivo de conviver enquanto se jogam jogos de tabuleiro. O ambiente é de diversão e descontração pois ganhar é algo que fica sempre remetido para segundo plano.

A quem se destina?
O evento é aberto ao público em geral, pelo que qualquer pessoa que queira jogar é sempre bem-vinda. Saber as regras dos jogos não é um requisito pois haverá sempre alguém disponível para as explicar rapidamente.

Realiza-se onde e a que horas?
O local do evento é na Log On Lounge.

Que jogos se jogam?
Estarão disponíveis jogos de todos os géneros: de tabuleiro, só de cartas, uns mais simples e divertidos, outros mais complexos e estratégicos, todos eles com os mais variados temas. Podes ver aqui o que temos andado a jogar ultimamente. Uma coisa é certa, o entretenimento é garantido pois não será difícil encontrares jogos adaptados aos teus gostos, sendo cada evento uma oportunidade de conheceres mais bons jogos.

Mas os jogos são de quem?
Para além de diversos jogos que pertencem à ludoteca do Grupo, estarão disponíveis outros jogos que são trazidos voluntáriamente pelos participantes. Também tu podes trazer jogos que queiras jogar no evento... talvez aquele teu jogo que ainda não estreaste, por certo haverão pessoas dispostas a explicá-lo e a jogá-lo contigo.

Tenho de me inscrever? Paga-se alguma coisa?
Não é necessário realizar nenhum tipo de inscrição nem pagamento, basta aparecer. No entanto, é importante referir que o local do evento é um espaço comercial, e como tal, é-nos cedido gentilmente para utilização mediante o pressuposto dos participantes do evento, globalmente, efetuarem um consumo dos seus serviços de restauração e de pastelaria que justifique a sua abertura para o nosso evento. Assim sendo, não existe nenhum custo obrigatório ao nível individual, mas apelamos à consciência de cada um para o facto de estes eventos só serem possíveis graças ao contributo de cada um, seja através de um jantar ou de uma simples bebida.

E quais as possíveis utilizações desta página de internet?
Alguns dos participantes usam-na para informarem quais os jogos que vão levar e angariarem desde logo jogadores para os mesmos, outros aproveitam para pedir que alguém leve um jogo em particular. Podes também usá-la para te apresentares ou simplesmente meteres conversa connosco.

O que se jogou?

<?php boardgamegeek_PrintPlaysTable('grupo_lisboa'); ?>

Visita a nossa página oficial Subscreve a nossa newsletter
Segue-nos no Facebook Vê as nossas fotos
Junta-te ao nosso grupo de partilha de informação Vê os nossos vídeos

Porque a pastelaria Tentações (local habitual dos eventos à 4ª feira) está de férias, esta semana excecionalmente o evento será realizado num outro local ainda por definir.

Anunciaremos o local assim que possível…

Boa tarde,

Porque o Tentações está de férias, o local do evento desta 4ª feira será na Log On Lounge.

Foto do local:

Agora que vem aí a edição de 10º aniversário, alguém interessado em se juntar para jogar o clássico jogo Container (2007): ?

... a ideia será começar pelas 18h.

Estamos 4. Ainda há uma navio disponível para quem se quiser juntar!

Ah! E não se esqueçam que é na LogOn!!!

Se há um bom indicador que vou gostar de um jogo é que o nº minimo de jogadores é 3

(e a descrição no bgg também pareceu bem

I'm in!

Please ship my brains

and all that it contains

aboard a vessel with riches galore

sailing over sorrows that I know no more

to the island where I find my dreams

(endearing proposition, or so it seems)

A review de um fã do Container:

[quote]I think Container is truly an amazing game. There are excellent posts covering the rules elsewhere.

Here's 6 reasons why Container is the best game evar:

Barrier to entry is low

Although I love PR, I am a fan of being able to setup and explain the game in about 10-15 minutes to a new player. Because of the short rules and fun pieces, I have also taught a lot of newbs who have enjoyed the game. Teaching an experienced gamer is even faster.

Non-Random

Like most of the games I enjoy, the lack of randomness is great. Besides the initial setup (and seating), everything else is deterministic.

This leaves the only excuses to be, "I was left/right of player X" or "I made this one crucial error and that is why I lost the game." Even the first excuse can typically be alleviated by the next point.

Requires adaptability

Many of the games may have a similar flow, but throw in a newb or a new strategy and all of a sudden the game is totally different. The game requires a high level of adaptability to win.

If shipments are getting more than their fair market value, try to ship like crazy.

If the person to your right is a producer, go into warehousing.

If there isn’t much money in the economy, sit tight and weather out the recession.

No obvious strategy

Every game seems to be different. With more than 60 plays and 20+ plays recorded, we haven’t found any discernable trend in a strategy that wins.

Certain players tend to win slightly more than their fair share, but we haven’t found any patterns between being a producer, a warehouser, a shipper, or a specific color or turn-order.

The only exception is we’ve never had someone win with zero containers on the island and a stack of cash. If it isn’t obvious, conversion of cash to container-equity is very important because you can grind out extra point without using any actions.

It’s a deep game

Like any good game (poker comes to mind), Container seems very simple with many levels of complexity. Throw in player-interaction and tendencies and you have a very interesting game.

Subtle aspects such as the colors you are producing, the location of the boats or deciding which colors to warehouse have a lot more ramifications than one first thinks.

It’s a great 5-player game

Lastly, it is a great and balanced 5-player game. It plays well with 3 or 4, but when you have more than the 4-player "sweet-spot", this is a great game to have.

Opponents of Container think:

It suffers from collusion

There are game mechanics that may aid in this. The bank matching large shipping amounts or simply not buying from a player is possible. However, I don’t see how this differs from the majority of other games, where 2+ players can choose to collude and ruin the experience for everyone else.

Even when you are trying to kill the leader, the buyer may still argue, "I know I shouldn’t buy from him, but he has 4 different colors at a reasonable price!" I love how the market rules.

The game has a groupthink problem

While this is true for most auction-style games, it just means that the adaptable players do better in the end. If everyone over-bids on shipments, then start shipping. If everyone thinks that the brown containers are no good, then don’t produce them.

The colors are very similar

I totally agree with this gripe. I am color blind and so is another person in our gaming group. We just re-painted one of the lighter browns and the problem is solved.

Hot Tip #1: Instead of painting the card, you may find it easier to just put a white label on the card and then paint / highlight it to match.

Conclusion

Get the game. It is amazing and I hope the expansion adds more elements that make it better. Congrats to Valley Games for their first foray into board games.

Background

This is my first post. Our gaming group is about a dozen really bright engineers in Toronto. Favorite games lately include PR, Caylus, Vegas Showdown, Container and TI. I also enjoy Railroad Tycoon, T&E and Starfleet Battles (alas, where are the players?). My recommendations for gateway games are TTR and Blokus.[/quote]

Original thread here.

Falta mais um jogador para sermos 5 que é o "melhor" número para o Container (mas que faz o jogo demorar mais tempo). Anyone?

Mesa cheia! Vamos a isso! smiley

Registado em cima o que se jogou.

Aviso: Não esquercer que este fim de semana há o encontro mensal no IST e para a semana as 4ª feiras estarão de volta ao local habitual: Tentações.