Wave meets RPG's

Wave meets RPG's

A very detailed Ars Technica post highlights that there’s a growing collection of Google Wave users who are using the medium to play wave-borne RPGs (role playing games). As mentioned in the post, there’s a even a Wave dedicated to serving as an index for all the Wave RPGs currently in existence, and the last time we counted it included upwards of 300 contributing members, and a combination of 30 different ideas or full-fledged games.

rpg index

traveller

According to Jon Stokes, the author of the post, Google Wave is adequate for some RPGs, but it could certainly be improved to allow for a more enjoyable experience. In the excerpt below, Stokes describes the current RPG experience within Google Wave:

“The few games I’m following typically have at least three waves: one for recruiting and general discussion, another for out-of-character interactions (”table talk”), and the main wave where the actual in-character gaming takes place. Individual players are also encouraged to start waves between themselves for any conversations that the GM shouldn’t be privy to. Character sheets can be posted in a private wave between a player and the GM, and character biographies can go anywhere where the other players can get access to them.

The waves are persistent, accessible to anyone who’s added to them, and include the ability to track changes, so they ultimately work quite well as a medium for the non-tactical parts of an RPG. A newcomer can jump right in and get up-to-speed on past interactions, and a GM or industrious player can constantly maintain the official record of play by going back and fixing errors, formatting text, adding and deleting material, and reorganizing posts. Character generation seems to work quite well in Wave, since players can develop the shared character sheet at their own pace with periodic feedback from the GM.”

Image from watch4u on Flickr

Acham que o Wave é viável para isto?

RPGamers digam de vossa justiça...

É o meu primeiro post, por isso se quebrei alguma regra avisem-me...

inda nao testei a wave a serio por falta de tempo (e aparentemente nao funca em IE e só da erros em Opera), mas parece ser uma boa plataforma para rpg's..

e essa imagem com Traveller só me dá ideias :p

[quote=reivax]Acham que o Wave é viável para isto? RPGamers digam de vossa justiça...[/quote]

Já estamos lá Thumbs UpCool

[quote]É o meu primeiro post, por isso se quebrei alguma regra avisem-me...[/quote]É preciso ter cuidado quando se faz copy-paste de conteúdo que vai para a página principal. Quando precisas de fazer copy-paste, usa a função que tens no editor clicando no sexto botão em baixo, o clipboard com um T (ou o botão a seguir se o copy-paste vier do Word).

[quote=DalimThor]inda nao testei a wave a serio por falta de tempo (e aparentemente nao funca em IE e só da erros em Opera), mas parece ser uma boa plataforma para rpg's..[/quote]Não funcionar em IE é um feature, não um bug :) Qual é o teu contacto? Adiciona o rickdg.

[quote]e essa imagem com Traveller só me dá ideias :p [/quote]Voluntario-me para a primeira morte na Wave durante criação de personagem :P

sim no IE assumi ke assim fosse .. mas nao vejo razao para o Opera...

É esse o espirito :D apesar de que nas regras da Moongoose é extremamente raro haver mortes, por outro lado mutilcoes e faltas de membros.. bem isso sao outras coisas :P

assim ke tiver explorado e ver como funca akilo eu apito algo para se fazer um jogo ^^